[GRASS-user] Problems with i.rgb.his

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Jun 1 17:59:43 EDT 2006

David Finlayson wrote:

> I have an image that looks good using rgb composting:
> d.rgb red=image.r green=image.g blue=image.b
> Now I try to convert it to his format:
> i.rgb.his red=image.r green=image.g blue=image.b hue=image.h
> int=image.i sat=image.s
> but
> d.his h=image.h i=image.i s=image.s
> doesn't look anything like the original.
> What step(s) am I forgetting?

i.rgb.his actually converts to something which could reasonably be
termed HIS/HSV/HSB, whereas d.his is a kludge; the conversion which it
performs doesn't correspond to anything which you are likely to find
in a computer graphics text.

The hsv.rgb.sh script in 5.x is probably a lot closer to what you are
looking for.