[GRASS-user] Freetype fonts in gis.m

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Jun 9 18:45:33 EDT 2006

I also was confusing d.text.freetype with d.font.freetype.

AFAIC, all such text should be rendered separately from the geospatial data
itself. That is, fonts and decorations should be rendered as a separate
layers (as they do now). Currently, the only way to have them produce
high-quality output is to render them in the GUI (e.g., as TclTk postscript
objects). Could the relevant d.* commands (e.g., d.legend, d.text, d.label)
be changed to optionally output postscript some something that would scale
and display well? Or does this need to be done in the GUI?

Michael
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671