[GRASS-user] How to JOIN a table to vector layer using MySQL

Raffaele Morelli raffaele.morelli at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 07:39:41 EST 2006

2006/11/9, Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be>:

> Raffaele Morelli wrote:
>   > The solution would be to work with views.
> > Grass sees views, connects to views and this is wonderful, but... more
> > it would be if it could handle them correctly. I tried to link to views
> > but quering on the attributes doesn't work correctly.
>
> I use views successfully quite often with the postgres driver. Could you
> be more specific about what does not work for you ?
>
> Moritz

With grass6.0 on a debian testing I connect succesfully to views.
The problem arise when trying to query the layer connected to the view, it
doesn't display (e.g. label) fields stored in the view or retrieve any
information from there.

It seems just like "Layer for labels" and "Layer for query" text box in the
Gis Manager doesn't work properly with views, sometimes they simply ignore
my SQL statements or retrieve incorrect values.

I tried to not use MySQL specific field type, switching to INT type all my
SMALLINTs, TINYNTs, but still with no success.

Raffaele