[GRASS-user] grass 6.2 won't open gui on macOSX

Michael Perdue michael_perdue at yahoo.ca
Tue Nov 28 01:08:17 EST 2006

Hi Chris,

I had the same problem after installing OSSIM and in my case it
turned out to be because my gdal installation was modified. Can't
tell you how or why as I'm still pretty green when it comes to mac
OSX, but the frameworks seem to be really sensitive and even small
changes will fubar things. If you have the same issue I had then
you'll see a bunch of missing dylib errors when you try running a
gdal command (you can try gdalinfo --formats). In my case I trashed
all my frameworks and reinstalled them from scratch which solved my
problem. Kind of a "bull in a china shop" approach, but it worked.
Maybe someone more knowledgeable than I can offer you a more elegant
solution.

cheers,

Mike