[GRASS-user] grass 6.2 won't open gui on macOSX

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Nov 28 09:45:33 EST 2006

There is a problem with OSSIM and my frameworks.  OSSIM has its own
version of a GDAL framework which is incompatible with mine.  I did
add a little compatibility bit in mine so I *think* it should work
with OSSIM. Until we work out a solution, reinstall just my GDAL
framework after installing OSSIM.  I'm also considering my own binary
of OSSIM based on my frameworks.

For the $parts error, I it's happened before and it was improperly
installed frameworks - before I used installers it was easy to mess
that up.

If reinstalling the frameworks (not just GRASS) doesn't help,
Hamish's suggestion is a good start to figuring out the source of the
problem, we need to see a dyld error.  But that could be hard at
startup.

The first place to try is look at Console.app - the system and
console logs might have something.

On Nov 28, 2006, at 12:08 AM, Michael Perdue wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> I had the same problem after installing OSSIM and in my case it
> turned out to be because my gdal installation was modified. Can't
> tell you how or why as I'm still pretty green when it comes to mac
> OSX, but the frameworks seem to be really sensitive and even small
> changes will fubar things. If you have the same issue I had then
> you'll see a bunch of missing dylib errors when you try running a
> gdal command (you can try gdalinfo --formats). In my case I trashed
> all my frameworks and reinstalled them from scratch which solved my
> problem. Kind of a "bull in a china shop" approach, but it worked.
> Maybe someone more knowledgeable than I can offer you a more
> elegant solution.
>
> cheers,
>
> Mike

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy