[GRASS-user] r.watershed hangs

Charles Ehlschlaeger c.ehlschlaeger at insightbb.com
Sun Oct 22 22:18:41 EDT 2006

I think the problem occurs with "threshhold=3" You are telling the software
to create exterior watershed basins only 3 grid cells in size. I can't
remember off the top of my head whether that will potentially cause stack
overflow problems or maybe I forgot to include a check to see whether an
array memory allocation returned a null pointer.

The solution is to include a more realistic threshold size. Ask yourself
"what is the smallest watershed basin you want to consider?" If the answer
is 10,000m^2, and grid cells are 10x10m, then threshold should be set to
100.

Sincerely, chuck