[GRASS-user] check vector geometry

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Sun Sep 24 06:10:37 EDT 2006

Hallo,
On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 11:56:33AM +0200, Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way I could report the geometry information for a Grass
> vector without calling 'v.build option=build' (the default), ie.
> without re-builidng it each time when I need to only check it?
>

> Is the information that the 'v.build option=build' prints, like:
>
> Number of nodes     :   319
> Number of primitives:   435
> Number of points    :   0
> Number of lines     :   0
> Number of boundaries:   318
> Number of centroids :   117
> Number of areas     :   117
> Number of isles     :   1
>
> maybe stored somewhere?
>
> Maciek

sorry, if i'm answaring to something else, but v.info prints this basic
informations too

 | Layer:    cr                             Organization: CZECH free map      |
 | Mapset:   PERMANENT                      Source Date: 2003                 |
 | Location: cr-wgs84                       Name of creator: radim
 | Database: /home/jachym/grassdata                                           |
 | Title:    statni hranice CR
 | Map Scale:  1:2400
 | Map format: native
 |   Type of Map:  Vector (level: 2)
 |
 |   Number of points:       0               Number of areas:      1
 |   Number of lines:        0               Number of islands:    1
 |   Number of boundaries:   60              Number of faces:      0
 |   Number of centroids:    1               Number of kernels:    0
 |
 |   Map is 3D:              0
 |   Number of dblinks:      1
 |
 |   Projection: Lat/Lon (zone 0)
 |            N: 51.056        S: 48.554