[GRASS-user] check vector geometry

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sun Sep 24 06:38:55 EDT 2006

Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> Hallo,
> On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 11:56:33AM +0200, Maciej Sieczka wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a way I could report the geometry information for a Grass
>> vector without calling 'v.build option=build' (the default), ie.
>> without re-builidng it each time when I need to only check it?
>>

>> Is the information that the 'v.build option=build' prints, like:
>>
>> Number of nodes     :   319
>> Number of primitives:   435
>> Number of points    :   0
>> Number of lines     :   0
>> Number of boundaries:   318
>> Number of centroids :   117
>> Number of areas     :   117
>> Number of isles     :   1
>>
>> maybe stored somewhere?
>>
>> Maciek
>
> sorry, if i'm answaring to something else, but v.info prints this basic
> informations too

Thanks, indeed. However, the problem is that it is missing the number
of nodes.

Another problem with v.info's output is also that it is hardly
parsable. A -g flag would be a very nice addition to v.info.

Just for the record, also the number of primitives would be usefull. I
know it's a summary of all the primitives present
(centroids+boundaries+lines+points), but it wouldn't do harm to mention
it too, and it could be usefull.

Cheers,
Maciek