[GRASS-user] Can not find v.report

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sat Jun 9 04:16:33 EDT 2007

卜坤 wrote:
> I'm new to GRASS.
>
> I use ubuntu, and use the command:
>
>    sudo apt-get install grass
>
> to install GRASS 6.0.2.
>
> However, I feel it is good until I found that I can not run v.report,
> and some other modules. I know that these modules are exist in GRASS.
>
> So, should I compile from the source code, or, install some other
> packages ?

v.report is not present in 6.0. Here's 6.0's manual [1] where you can
check what modules are available. The latest stable version is 6.2.1,
but I'm affraid v.report in broken in 6.2.1. Bugfix 6.2.2 release,
including the fix for v.report and more, is planned.

If you need only v.report, please download it from the cvs online
interface, put it into your PATH and it should work. It's only a shell
script, so need to compile etc.

[1]http://grass.itc.it/grass60/manuals/html60_user/vector.html
[2]http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass6/scripts/v.report/v.report

Maciek