[GRASS-user] points to lines

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Tue Mar 13 15:12:10 EDT 2007

Jorge Echeverri wrote:
> I still don't find out the error:
>
> Input file:
> #"X_COORDINATE","Y_COORDINATE"
> L 2 1
>  3400630.04 5718486.603
>  3400639.238 5718515.776
>  1 1
> L 2 1
>  3400639.238 5718515.776
>  3400648.641 5718546.057
>  1 2
> L 2 1
>  3400648.641 5718546.057
>  3400665.041 5718562.99
>  1 3
> L 2 1
>  3400665.041 5718562.99
>  3400625.996 5718597.349
>  1 4
>
> Then
> GRASS 6.2.1 (luenenxy):~ > v.in.ascii
> input=/home/jorge/GrassGIS/luenenxy/jorge/koord2.csv out=koord_grass2
> format=standard --overwrite
> Error reading ascii file:
> [ ]

Use -n to omit checking for header in the input ASCII vector, like I
wrote before. Look into v.in.ascii, v.out.ascii and pages linked there
for details.

> Erzeuge Topologie ...
> 4 primitives registriert
> Building areas:  100%
> 0 Flächen erstellt
> 0 Inselflächen erstellt
> Füge Inselflächen hinzu:
> Füge Zentroide hinzu: 100%
> Die Topologie wurde erstellt.
> Anzahl von Knoten     :   5
> Anzahl von Primitives :   4
> Anzahl von Punkten    :   0
> Anzahl von Linien     :   4
> Anzahl von Boundaries :   0
> Anzahl von Zentroiden :   0
> Anzahl von Flächen    :   0
> Anzahl von Inseln     :   0
>
> But the lines are rightly imported, so I guess this error message can be
> ignored, isn't it?

Are you sure there was no more info about the error besides the:

> Error reading ascii file:
> [ ]

as you quoted it? Strange.

Anyway, in 6.3 CVS v.in.ascii format=standard won't proceed with a
malformed or missing header if -n is not used. It might be different in
6.2.1 which you are using though. But that would be a bug.

[after a while]

I have confirmed the -n switch is not processed right in 6.2.2 CVS
either (yet somewhat diffrently than in 6.2.1, which issues an
enigmatic error, while 6.2.2 does not issue any Error); see the note
dated 2007-03-13 20:07 on
http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=328&group_id=21&atid=204

Maciek