[GRASS-user] Re: grassuser Digest, Vol 11, Issue 18

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Wed Mar 14 14:10:05 EDT 2007

Jorge Echeverri wrote:
> Hi Maciek,
>
> I got the right tip already. This error message was caused by a blank
> line at the end of the file. That's why despite of the error the data
> were read correctly.

This is cool. Still, there is a bug in v.in.ascii in 6.2.x that using
-n switch has no effect. v.in.ascii in 6.2.x behaves kind of like if -n
was always set, thus any garbage in the header is ignored automaticaly.

In 6.3 however, if you have garbage in the header section, you must use
-n. Otherwise v.in.ascii quits with an error, which is correct
bahaviour and 6.2 be should be fixed in this regard.

I really have checked this. Please read my comment dated 2007-03-13
20:07 on
http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=328&group_id=21&atid=204

Maciek