[GRASS-user] Lambert Conformal Conic location

Miriam España mespana at ugr.es
Wed Mar 28 10:17:16 EDT 2007

Hola Roberto,

> Maybe I'm wrong, since I've never worked before with this kind of
> projections within GRASS, but the bounding box that you have just set
> begins at O°West and ends at 34°East. However, the central meridian for
> your data is 85°West. So I suppose your data is around this meridian,
> not between 0°-30°.

Ok. That point of view is obviously correct  over the data projection.

> Try:
> # g.region rast=your_map -g
>
> and you will set the region to fix your map and also you will see what's
> really your data's bounding box. After that, you should be able to
> visualize your map:
> # d.mon x0
> # d.rast "your_map"

I cannot do it, because I can import the map without define the location
previously. I detected that the moule r3.in.v5d imports so many rows and
columns as has the region, for what I must calculate it first (I think so).

> The region units can be seen in the "YOUR_LOCATION/PERMANENT/PROJ_UNIT"
> file
>
> I hope it will help.
> Salu2,
> Roberto.

Ok! Thanks! :).
Saludos!

Miriam.

> Ps: También puedes enviarlo al lista en español, así generamos algo de
> tráfico en la lista ;)

P.D.: Vale :), empiezo a reescribir .
--
-------