[GRASS-user] Lambert Conformal Conic location

Roberto Antolin roberto.antolin at polimi.it
Wed Mar 28 12:07:18 EDT 2007

Hello Miriam and all,

>>Try:
>># g.region rast=your_map -g
>>
>>and you will set the region to fix your map and also you will see what's
>>really your data's bounding box. After that, you should be able to
>>visualize your map:
>># d.mon x0
>># d.rast "your_map"
>
> I cannot do it, because I can import the map without define the location
> previously. I detected that the moule r3.in.v5d imports so many rows and
> columns as has the region, for what I must calculate it first (I think so).

The first time you didn't say that your map is a 3draster map ;). May be
the problem is that, that is, you didn't set the top-bottom limits.

Anyway, are you sure it is impossible to import the data? I'm not sure
but I think you can define a default location, and then you can import
and visualize your map by setting the exact region. At least, it was
possible when I tried with some other r.in.* modules some weeks ago. If
you are able to import your map with r3.in.v5d and a "default" location,
try this:
# g.region raster3d="your_3dmap" -p3

So you should see your 3d-region.

Cheers,
Roberto.

--
Roberto Antolín Sánchez
Politecnico di Milano – Polo Regionale di Como
email: roberto.antolin at polimi.it