[GRASS-user] grass 6.3 bug

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Tue May 29 16:46:45 EDT 2007

Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> Leonardo Lami wrote:
>> Maciej Sieczka ha scritto:
>
>>> What platform?
>>>
>> Linux Debian
>
>>> What 6.3 CVS checkout date?
>>>
>> 26/05/07
>
>>> What DB backend do you use?
>>>
>> postgresql 8.1
>
>>From further reading of Leonardo's post it shows that dbf fails too.
>
>>> Can you reproduce the problem in sperfish60 location?
>>>
>> v.dissolve input=soils at PERMANENT output=soils layer=1 column=label
>> dbmi: Protocol error
>>
>> and the output shell stops
>> I must make Ctrl-c to go on
>
> I confirm with current 6.3 CVS on my linux box, using dbf driver.
>
> Hopefully Hamish can come up with solution.

In addition to this, i have noticed another bug in v.dissolve. Although
"layer=-1" is supported, according to manual, it yields a grep error:

--------

$ sh -x /usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs/scripts/v.dissolve
input=soils at PERMANENT output=soils2 column=label layer=-1 --o
+ [ -z /usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs ]
+ [ input=soils at PERMANENT != @ARGS_PARSED@ ]
+ basename /usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs/scripts/v.dissolve
+ CMDLINE=v.dissolve
+ CMDLINE=v.dissolve "input=soils at PERMANENT"
+ CMDLINE=v.dissolve "input=soils at PERMANENT" "output=soils2"
+ CMDLINE=v.dissolve "input=soils at PERMANENT" "output=soils2" "column=label"
+ CMDLINE=v.dissolve "input=soils at PERMANENT" "output=soils2"
"column=label" "layer=-1"
+ CMDLINE=v.dissolve "input=soils at PERMANENT" "output=soils2"
"column=label" "layer=-1" "--o"
+ export CMDLINE
+ exec g.parser /usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs/scripts/v.dissolve
input=soils at PERMANENT output=soils2 column=label layer=-1 --o
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try `grep --help' for more information.
ERROR: There is no table connected to this map!

--------

The last ERROR is bogus - the table *is* connected to input map.

Maciek