[GRASS-user] grass 6.3 bug

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 01:35:30 EDT 2007

Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> > I confirm with current 6.3 CVS on my linux box, using dbf driver.
> >
> > Hopefully Hamish can come up with solution.

I have little experience with DBs and SQL magic, sorry.
(I didn't add the v.reclass stuff)

> In addition to this, i have noticed another bug in v.dissolve. Although
> "layer=-1" is supported, according to manual, it yields a grep error:
..
> Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
> Try `grep --help' for more information.
> ERROR: There is no table connected to this map!
>
> --------
>
> The last ERROR is bogus - the table *is* connected to input map.

I assume this comes from here:

   table=`v.db.connect $GIS_OPT_INPUT -g | grep -w $GIS_OPT_LAYER | awk '{print $2}'`
   if [ -z "$table" ] ; then
      g.message -e 'There is no table connected to this map!'
      cleanup
      exit 1
   fi

possibles:
1) is "grep -w" portable?
2) Is "grep -w 1" slightly vague? Perhaps: grep "^$GIS_OPT_LAYER "
3) test for [ $? -ne 0 ] instead of [ -z $table" ], or && ?
???

Hamish