[GRASS-user] GRASS selected for Season of Usability 2008!

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 04:15:46 EDT 2008

Michael:
> Can we make sure to get a usability review for the nearly complete NEW
> GUI in wxPython as well as the existing GUI in TclTk?

Why for the TclTk GUI? Do you/we really want/mind to spend energy on that
beyond bug fixes? Personally I'd consider leaving it "as-is" and rather
focus our efforts on code with a future. Minor improvements, sure.... but
I don't see the point in a major rewrite at this stage.

> Also, we need to make sure that this is done on the current SVN trunk
> version rather than older versions that may be in circulation but do
> not reflect the current direction of the GUI as well.

sure.

Another thought is to have them look at the website structure to get
suggestions on the hierarchical design of the planned replacement.

Hamish