[GRASS-user] modify feature's values interactively

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Mar 26 11:46:54 EDT 2008

On 26/03/08 16:17, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2008/3/26, christian Brandt <chrisbrandt74 at hotmail.com>:
>
>> is it possible within GRASS to modify feature's values (of the feature
>> attribute table) interactively (e.g. like in ArcGIS, where I can select an
>> object within the view which then can be modified/removed...)?
>
> you mean to modify attribute data of vector objects? If so, yes, you
> can use v.digit or digitizer in wxPython GUI (experimental).

IMHO there should be a solution outside of the digitizer (i.e. without
risking any alteration of the actual map), something along the lines of
"d.what.vect -e".

Christian, if this is what you need, you will have to use it with the
"old-style" x-monitors from the command line, i.e.:

d.mon x0
d.vect YourMap
d.what.vect -e YourMap

This is typically one element which would be GUI-only as I don't think
it would make much sense to program an interactive command line version...

So maybe something to think about for wxgrass.

Moritz