[GRASS-user] Triangles polygons with Arc*

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon May 26 23:07:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

Just curious if anybody encountered this issue with Arc*:
When converting raster to vector using ArcGIS/View triangular polygons
are generated especially with small areas (1-3 pixels from the
original raster).

See image:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2127/2510680112_25cc16686e.jpg

I think I made a similar thing before (using ArcGIS "Hydro
extension").  Is this correct?
As far as I'm concerned, the output should be regular polygon blocks
since raster grid is the input.  Unless in GRASS, you use the -s flag
of r.to.vect

maning

--
| __.-._ |"Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great." -Yoda |