AW: [GRASS-user] GRASS_PAPER options

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Nov 3 15:21:13 EST 2008

Roland.Kaiser at sbg.ac.at wrote:

> Soprry, I have forgotten to paste something:
>
> Is it possible to set specific values of width and height for GRASS_PAPER
> when printing to a postscript device? For example, something like
> GRASS_PAPER_HEIGHT and GRASS_PAPER_WIDTH?

You can use GRASS_WIDTH and GRASS_HEIGHT, as with other drivers
(except that the PS driver treats these values as points rather than
pixels).

> BTW, is there a way to suppress drawing of frames?

Unfortunately, no. The library functions which create and select
frames always draw a border.

OTOH, it's not hard that to remove them from the resulting PS file.
The borders should show up as a sequence of commands which looks like:

	... WINDOW
	... COLOR	(or GRAY)
	... LINE
	... LINE
	... LINE
	... LINE
	... WINDOW

You can remove everything except for the last WINDOW command to get
rid of the border.