AW: [GRASS-user] GRASS_PAPER options

Glynn Clements glynn at
Mon Nov 3 15:21:13 EST 2008

Roland.Kaiser at wrote:

> Soprry, I have forgotten to paste something:
> Is it possible to set specific values of width and height for GRASS_PAPER
> when printing to a postscript device? For example, something like

You can use GRASS_WIDTH and GRASS_HEIGHT, as with other drivers
(except that the PS driver treats these values as points rather than

> BTW, is there a way to suppress drawing of frames?

Unfortunately, no. The library functions which create and select
frames always draw a border.

OTOH, it's not hard that to remove them from the resulting PS file.
The borders should show up as a sequence of commands which looks like:

	... COLOR	(or GRAY)
	... LINE
	... LINE
	... LINE
	... LINE

You can remove everything except for the last WINDOW command to get
rid of the border.

Glynn Clements <glynn at>