[GRASS-user] help needed with v.to.rast

WolfgangZ wollez at gmx.net
Sat Sep 13 08:54:35 EDT 2008

Hi,

I need some help as the results that I get at the moment are not what I
expect.

Task:
I want to transfer some irregular spaced points (height values) to a
regular spaced dataset by interpolation.

What I tried:
v.in.ascii to import the points (looks good from display)
v.to.rast
r.resamp.interp to interpolate the gaps

The result:
there is still "white" space between the points, depending on the region
setting I got some colored spots.

My dataset:
24 z-Values for a region of 195 x 85 m (I know that are not that many
points). The z values vary between 368 and 453.

Any ideas/suggestions what I could do to get the desired output?

Regards
Wolfgang