[GRASS-user] How to import grass ASCII grid with comma as a separator

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Thu Sep 18 06:43:25 EDT 2008

Since the comma is used to format decimal numbers in several
countries, I still think a flag to interpret it that way should
be added to all modules affected by this.

I can think of:

v.in.ascii,
r.in.xyz,
r.in.ascii

Any others?

Ben

Adam Dershowitz wrote:
> Translate (tr) is very fast.
> If you do:
> tr ',' '.' < input_file.txt > out_file.txt
> it should do the job pretty quickly.
>

> --Adam
>

> On Sep 16, 2008, at 9:08 AM, Jarekj wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> I recived a number of grass ascii grid floating point maps with
>> resolution 6000 x8000 (over 300 MB) px with comma (,) instead of point
>> (.) as a decimal separator.
>>
>> I have problem with import that data due to bad interpretation of
>> comma in file. I tiried with find/replace command in gedit but due to
>> file size it takes to much time.
>> Is some method to import such file without replacing commas with
>> points in external text editor
>> Jarek

Benjamin Ducke
Senior Applications Support and Development Officer

Oxford Archaeology Ltd
Janus House
Osney Mead
OX2 0ES