[GRASS-user] Grass and Postgre limitation (if any)

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Sun Apr 5 13:10:15 EDT 2009

Hi

I have short question.

I'm prepraring to create huge dataset, where data for different regions
will be stored in different mapset but with the same structure of data
(names of files and so on). The number of planned mapset is about
200-230, with about 10 postgreeSQL tables in every mapset. IT gives
about 2000-2300 tables in one database. Tables will be use datatypes
unique for postgreeSQL contribs so different databes solution cannot be
used.

The question is is some of the numbers above are not close to these
program limitation (i.e number of mapset) or number of tables
Mayebe in the feature data will be merged into one dataset but for now I
have no idea how.

Thanks for answer
Jarek