[GRASS-user] Re: CYGWIN

Luigi Ponti lponti at infinito.it
Mon Dec 7 11:40:18 EST 2009

On 05/12/2009 11:05, Glynn Clements wrote:
> Hamish wrote:
>

>>> Is it a matter of trying compiling on Cygwin? I assume that
>>> gdb is the debugger of gcc.
>>>
>> I'm not sure if a recompile in needed. Glynn, are those binaries
>> compiled with -g and not stripped?
>>

> The Cygwin binaries are stripped.
>
> Normally, I'd mention that you can still get a backtrace from stripped
> binaries.
>
> But in retrospect, the stackdump file says "probably corrupted stack",
> so I don't think that you could get a backtrace even if the binaries
> weren't stripped.
>
> At this point, I'm out of ideas.
Thanks for your feedback.
This is likely naive and/or just out of ignorance, but I am not sure
whether there is a chance to get GRASS 6.4 running on Cygwin should I be
able to compile it from source on my Cygwin installation. Sorry in
advance if this is nonsense.
Any hints appreciated. Thanks again,
Luigi