[GRASS-user] g.copy Question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Dec 24 08:44:40 EST 2009

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009, Michael Barton wrote:

> If you are in Linux, file names are case sensitive. You have to do the
> following

Michael,

   Of course.

> g.copy rast=DEM at dem,elev

   However, all my file names are lower case.

   What I currently have is /usr4/grassbase/Oregon/dem/ which contains,

VAR  WIND  cats/  cell/  cell_misc/  cellhd/  dbf/  hist/

and I want to move that directory across to /usr4/grassbase/Oregon/PERMANENT
where it will reside at its full extent. Unlike the vector maps that might
have been, for example, in /usr4/grassbase/Oregon/lotic/vector/streams where
'g.copy streams at lotic,streams' would copy it into the PWD of PERMANENT, the
raster map seems to have no map name, only the directory (mapset) name.
Ergo, it's a command syntax error on my part.

Thanks,

Rich