[GRASS-user] g.copy Question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Dec 24 09:03:37 EST 2009

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  What I currently have is /usr4/grassbase/Oregon/dem/ which contains,
>
> VAR  WIND  cats/  cell/  cell_misc/  cellhd/  dbf/  hist/
>
> and I want to move that directory across to /usr4/grassbase/Oregon/PERMANENT
> where it will reside at its full extent.

Michael,

   What the heck, I'll move the entire directory outside of GRASS and move
on.

   Germane to your suggestion about the GUI, I could not find several
commands there (perhaps they are menu item names different from what I
expect to see) or I could not see how to add necessary options. I've always
been a CLI guy, because I'm a touch-typist and don't like to have to take my
hands off the keyboard to manipulate the trackball. And, I want to write
scripts to set up and run models rather than doing things step-by-step in
the GUI.

   It's not just GRASS. I much prefer to do my writing in LaTeX than a word
processor (although I do use LyX a lot), create graphics writing PSTricks
more than using xfig, and use emacs for all my coding. Anachronistic, I
know, but that's how I prefer to work. ;-)

Rich