[GRASS-user] Importing ArcASCII raster and associated dbf table?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 18:33:35 EST 2009

Jarl wrote:
> The data is an Australian soils atlas including hydraulic
> properties in the dbf.

this?  http://www.daff.gov.au/brs/data-tools/daas-download

if not, is there a link to download the dataset?

> "This data set consists of nine sets of data files
> each containing the following:
> aas_*.asc An ArcASCII file containing a raster of the soil
> landscape index.
> aas_*.dbf A dBase file of soil properties linked to the
> soil landscape index.
> aas_*.prj A file containing projection information in the
> ArcGIS format."

It is an interesting problem to me. Are you interested in one of the
DBF fields, or several/all of them?

As a quick guess, I think the answer will be to create 1 map per DB
column by some simple script.

Hamish