[GRASS-user] Importing ArcASCII raster and associated dbf table?

Devereux, Jarl M Jarl.Devereux at dpi.qld.gov.au
Mon Feb 9 19:29:57 EST 2009

It seems to be a different data set here is a link to the one I'm using
you have to register to download it.

http://www.toolkit.net.au/Tools/SHPA

>> "This data set consists of nine sets of data files each containing
the
>> following:
>> aas_*.asc An ArcASCII file containing a raster of the soil landscape
>> aas_*.dbf A dBase file of soil properties linked to the soil
landscape
>> aas_*.prj A file containing projection information in the ArcGIS
>> format."
>It is an interesting problem to me. Are you interested in one of the
DBF fields, or several/all of them?
>As a quick guess, I think the answer will be to create 1 map per DB
column by some simple script.
>Hamish

The way I was going to use the atlas was to query it with either
coordinates to see what soil properties are at that point or overlay
other areas of interest to determine how the soils change across the
area. I can do this externally to grass by referencing the CAT number
outside grass but it isn't very convenient.

On a similar situation I was doing this attribute management manually by
querying the vector and manually adding a new column and defining the
attribute. This makes me think I should be able to have all the table
information in the one vector.

I could also add the columns individually and then populate them
external to grass through excel or something?

Regards
Jarl

********************************DISCLAIMER****************************
The information contained in the above e-mail message or messages
(which includes any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged.  It is intended only for the use of the person or entity
to which it is addressed.  If you are not the addressee any form of
disclosure, copying, modification, distribution or any action taken
or omitted in reliance on the information is unauthorised.  Opinions
contained in the message(s) do not necessarily reflect the opinions
of the Queensland Government and its authorities.  If you received
this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete it from your computer system network.