[GRASS-user] Determine surface areas

ich at the-masterplan.net ich at the-masterplan.net
Fri Feb 27 07:56:40 EST 2009

Hi!

Thanks a lot for the quick responses.
It worked fine with - v.buffer, v.to.rast, r.mask, r.mapcalc /
"watercells" = if (landcover==water,1,null()) and r.sum rast="watercells"

I am still trying to get it to work with v.rast.stats (program is asking
for a database connection and i don't know, what the column prefix might
be)

An additional request for my work would be to separate the circle into
orientations meaning making 4 circle-segments (North, East, South, West).
As far is I understand, v.buffer would only create "some space" around the
created vector point. The first thing I would think of is creating 4
"Angle-maps"-Masks and combine them with the buffer circle. Does this seem
possible?

Thanks again for your help
Nikolaus