[GRASS-user] installing addons

M S mseibel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 12:21:43 EST 2009

Greetings All.

I have downloaded the GRASS addons, and am working on installing them.
 I've used this instruction set-->
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install#Addons

I have installed GRASS 6.4RC5 binary and grass-dev package on Ubuntu
Karmic Koala, from the ubuntugis repo.

I'm trying to install r.streams.extract and related stream addons.  I
get the same error with v.profile.

I tried the g.extension module, and command line.   Both result in
errors early in the compiling saying:
close.c:1:23: error: grass/gis.h: No such file or directory
close.c:2:27: error: grass/glocale.h: No such file or directory
close.c:3:24: error: grass/dbmi.h: No such file or directory
close.c:4:24: error: grass/Vect.h: No such file or directory

I have found these to be in the /usr/lib/grass64/include/grass directory.

Any suggestions?

Mark