[GRASS-user] Specifying Units: r.in.gdal Within wxPython

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Nov 13 18:46:46 EST 2009

   Starting grass64 with the '-wxpython' option does not appear to provide a
window where I can manually enter a command. I found the menu item for
r.in.gdal, and that brought up a tabbed window where I could specify the
location of the hdr.adf. But, when I entered all the data and clicked the
'Run' button, an error message appeared that the units were not specified.

   While the projection is called "Oregon Conformal Conic" for the location I
selected "Lambert Conformal Conic LCC", and entered the projection origin,
first and second standard parallels, central meridian, false easting and
northing, then specified the datum as NAD83 (with option 6 for Washington
and Oregon), and the ellipsoid as GRS80. The horizontal units are meters
(since this is a 10m DEM file), but the elevation units are in feet.

   What might I have missed in specifying this location and trying to import
the GRID file?

TIA,

Rich