[GRASS-user] computation in a location based on infos from another location

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Nov 19 10:19:38 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 04:01:24PM +0100, Achim Kisseler wrote:
> Once I was in the same situation. Lambert projection is good for some
> analyzes, because of the equal size of the grid cells.
>
> To get the size of the grid cells, you could convert a N-S row of the
> rastermap into vector polygons and get the size.
>
> Not a very direct way, but it sould work.

Indeed, that would certainly do the trick. But this seems to be quite
complicated. Maybe do a map with a different value for every cell, then
use r.to.vect to map every cell to a polygon, project it to the lambert
map, do the calculation on the polygon, reproject it back to the
other map and do a v.to.rast. Not very simple but not that complicated
either.

Thanks for the idea.

--
Pat