[GRASS-user] 1-page grass overview

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 5 03:07:00 EDT 2010

Hamish wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for the upcoming FOSS4G conference[1] we have put together a live
> dvd[2] with GRASS

What GRASS version is in there? The OSGeo live contents page says 6.4
rc5, but that can't be true. RC6 would be a shame too, too many bugs
have been fixed by now.

> and a whole bunch of other OSGeo software,
> about 40 FOSS geo projects are participating in all.
>
> It would be great if folks could read through
>  the 5 minute quickstart tutorial[4].

The computational region should be set earlier, also for shaded relief
and watershed analysis. E.g. cut and paste from 3D visualization
"First verify that the computational region is set match the raster
map of interest, “elevation” in the PERMANENT mapset. To do this, load
it into the layer list of the main Layer Manager window, right click
on its name and select “Set computation region from selected map(s)”."

Markus M