[GRASS-user] 1-page grass overview

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 04:18:14 EDT 2010

Markus Metz wrote:
> What GRASS version is in there? The OSGeo live contents
> page says 6.4 rc5, but that can't be true. RC6 would be a
> shame too, too many bugs have been fixed by now.

the list you looked at is 6 months old, this is the current
(draft) one:
 http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/4.0-rc6/osgeolive-docs/content.html

we will ship 6.4.0rc6 as it is the current stable release version
and is what debiangis/ubuntugis provide. it is not so bad IMO,
especially considering this is running on linux not windows.
Anyway that is now frozen. I may put in a nightly WinGrass
build at the last moment for the included binary installers.

> >  the 5 minute quickstart tutorial[4].
>
> The computational region should be set earlier,

ok, done.

cheers,
Hamish