[GRASS-user] Problems with a GeoTIFF referenced in Gauss Boaga system

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Aug 5 10:39:54 EDT 2010

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010, Giacomo Piva wrote:

[...]
> When I run the command
> r.in.gdal -o -e input=<inputfile.tif> output=inputraster location=location
>
> I get this error about the region
> ERROR: region for current mapset is not set
>       run "g.region"

Just a suggestion to try - does it work without the -e flag? The
"location" option automatically sets the extents of the new location to
the same as your data, so as far as I can see you should not need the -e
flag. Although that may not be related to the error; I'm not sure...

However if that turns out to be the problem, a check should be added to
warn that -e and location= are incompatible. Also I think the message to
just "run g.region" is confusing; I guess it refers to the old interactive
g.region?

Paul