[GRASS-user] Importing multiple files with r.in.xyz

razmjooeis at faunalia.co.uk razmjooeis at faunalia.co.uk
Wed Aug 11 08:38:22 EDT 2010

Open gedit (from Accessories) and copy paste the the commands into it.
Save the file to the same location as your raster and your files.txt file
call it import_xyz.sh

Now, open grass from terminal
Once in grass environment...change directory to your file
sh import_xyz.sh

Cheers
Saber

>   On 08/11/2010 03:10 PM, Hanlie Pretorius wrote:
>> My apologies for my ignorance, but how do I get this to run in Linux?
>> Am using Ubuntu 10.04 and GRASS 6.4RC6.
> Samber's method will surely work, but you might more simply try as
> follows:
>
> # start grass in a location which matches the txt file data
> # change to the directory where your txt files are, then do
> for infile in *.txt; do outrast=`basename ${infile} .txt`; r.in.xyz
> in=${infile} out=${outrast} fs=,; done
>
> # that's it ;-)
>   --
> Micha
>

>> I entered the following into the GRASS text window and am testing it
>> with a list of two files (I removed the region settings because the
>> files all have the same region, which I have already set):
>> -----
>> GRASS 6.4.0RC6 (world_wgs84):~>  cat lieb_files_test.txt
>> 3B42.000201.12.6.nc.lieb.txt
>> 3B42.000201.15.6.nc.lieb.txt
>> GRASS 6.4.0RC6 (world_wgs84):~>  cat lieb_files_test.txt | while read
>> line; do
>>>   echo $line+" being processed"
>>> raster=${$line:(-12)} # cut ".nc.lieb.txt" from raster name
>>> r.in.xyz --overwrite input=$line output=raster method="mean"
>>> type="FCELL" fs=, x=2 y=1 z=3
>>>
>> -----
>>
>> As you can see, when I press enter after the r.in.xyz line, I just get
>> another prompt.
>>
>> Am I supposed to save it to a separate file and run this as a script?
>> If so, where should I put this script?
>>

>> 2010/8/10, Saber Razmjooei<razmjooeis at faunalia.co.uk>:
>>> cat list_of_files.txt | while read line; do
>>>      echo $line+"Being processed" # or whaterver you want to do with
>>> the
>>> $line variable
>>>   raster=$line
>>>   r.in.xyz -s -g input=$line output=$line>  tmpRegion
>>> myregion= ""`head -n 1 tmpRegion`"
>>> g.region $myregion
>>> r.in.xyz --overwrite input=$line output=$line fs=,