[GRASS-user] Converting raster to Vector (areas)- Question

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 23 08:04:50 EDT 2010

Luis Lisboa wrote:
> Hello Markus and GRASS ML
> But these two areas can have the same category,
>>
>> here 1, and you can add more info for each category to the attribute
>> table.
>>

> But can I do that while running r.to.vect? If yes, How?

Assign the same category to all areas with same cell value with r.to.vect -v

Then add a table to the vector if none is connected, upload category
values, create new columns, fill columns with values. Maybe something
with r.stats could work, some scripting to generate a file with SQL
commands to be executed with db.execute

HTH,

Markus M