[GRASS-user] Import GRIB files to GRASS

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 8 07:05:27 EDT 2010

António wrote:
> I have one question regarding Hamish's link.
> /There is a cell-registration bug in GDAL: (grid vs
> cell-center convention) cells are all offset to the east and
> south by half a cell. You can fix this by hand with the
> r.region <http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/r.region.html>
> module.
>
> /Is this still happening, this error?/

well, the linked GDAL bug tickets are still open:
  https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2637
  https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2550

so I guess so. I'd encourage you to verify for yourself if your data is
offset or not, and post that verification (or not) to the appropriate
bug report with as much detail as you can; and if the patch attached
to the ticket fixes it for you (or not).

Hamish