[GRASS-user] Question on Importing E$RI Grid DEM

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 28 12:50:16 EST 2011

   I thought I had a saved thread from this list on this subject, but
grepping my mail subdirectory I don't find it. Here's the situation:

   A set of 30m NED (National Elevation Database) DEMs as Lat/Long 1 degree
blocks. Data is in ARC GRID file format. Each directory has three
subdirectores: demgrid/, info/, and metadata/. The demgrid/ subdirectoy
contains: dblbnd.adf, hdr.adf, log, prj.adf, sta.adf, w001001.adf, and
w001001x.adf files.

   I thought I wanted to point the grass65 gui for raster->arc grid import to
the hdr.adf file, but I get errors and no import when I do that. Is there
another file that should be specified for proper import?

TIA,

Rich