[GRASS-user] Question on Importing E$RI Grid DEM -- UPDATE

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 28 13:29:49 EST 2011

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  I thought I wanted to point the grass65 gui for raster->arc grid import
> to the hdr.adf file, but I get errors and no import when I do that. Is
> there another file that should be specified for proper import?

   How strange. It works from the command line:

GRASS 6.5.svn (Nevada-ll):~/grassdata > r.in.gdal -e --overwrite
input=/home/rshepard/GIS/data/Nevada/DEM/area2/demgrid/hdr.adf
output=dem_area2 title='DEM NED Area 2'
Projection of input dataset and current location appear to match
  100%
r.in.gdal complete. Raster map <dem_area2> created.

Rich