[GRASS-user] GUI windows reversed

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Mon Nov 7 01:50:25 EST 2011

Hello All:
I started working with GRASS on a Win7 machine (the OSGeo4W installer).
This Windows installation is "hebrew enabled" (English interface, with
support for Right To Left languages) and regional settings are for
Israel. When I run the wxPython GUI, I get the windows "reversed"

Here are some screenshots to show what I mean:
http://www.surfaces.co.il/dl/grass_6.4.2_reversedGUI1.png
http://www.surfaces.co.il/dl/grass_6.4.2_reversedGUI2.png

Changing the regional settings back to "United States" for example does
not change anything. Any ideas where this comes from? and how to avoid it?
(BTW, This problem does not appear in the tcl/tk interface)

Thanks,
Micha