[GRASS-user] Creation of GISDBASE in a script

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 06:44:15 EST 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 4:11 AM, Pierre Roudier <pierre.roudier at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm trying to use GRASS 6.4.2 rc1 on a cluster, where each session is
> launched on a TMP space. As a consequence, I cannot setup a GRASSDATA
> db once for all - I need to upload the spatial data I want to work
> with, create a tmp grassdata/location/mapset in a script, then launch
> my GIS with another script. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to
> create the grassdata from scratch (not only the location, the whole
> thing!), using a script (ie without any GUI).

I am in a similar situation, where I am simulating on different cluster
nodes and have spatial results in a GRASS database. I simply created a
template grass database, and copied it to the nodes (I actually linked the
PERMANENT mapset, as it containes several GB of data and is read only).

If you want to, you should be able to consolidate all mapsets in one final
location, i.e. copying then under a unique name ito the location (I just
leave them as separate gras databases).

Cheers,

Rainer

> I had this problem once with the dev version (grass70-svn), and the -c
> flag resolved my problems [1]. But that solution does not seem to work
> for this version.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pierre
>
> [1]: