[GRASS-user] movement direction surface in r.drain

Mohammed Rashad mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 10:21:21 PST 2012

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 10:54 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 10:30 PM, Mohammed Rashad
> <mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I made some modifications to the r.drain code (direction part) which
> gave me
> > the following output?
> >
> > Is this correct?. If so I can finish polishing it ;)
> >
> > Please see the attachments in the ticket[0]
> >
> > [0] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1840
> >
> > input
> > http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/attachment/ticket/1840/d.rast.num_input.png
> >
> > output
> > http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/attachment/ticket/1840/d.rast.output.png
> > http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/attachment/ticket/1840/d.rast.rum.output.png
>
> Nice, this looks now pretty similar to
> http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/r.drain.html
>
> Please upload the diff then, thanks!
>
> Unrelated: I wonder about the shift of grid and pixels in the wxGUI,
> shouldn't
> they overlap?

Yes, you are right. There is a shit. I was trying something and that output
came up yesterday. Just now I completed r.drain and output looks pretty
good.

r.drain direction map generation code is completely wrong Or is not working
for a long period when I checked trac last update was 3 years ago for
filldir.c which i guess is incomplete

*Anyone got good output recently with r.drain?*
*
*
If so please let me know the revision.

@Markus
Can I continue fixing r.drain?
Because currently its works for -c flag which is by default?
please see new screenshot [0]

@Margherita Di Leo
Could you provide your data for testing r.drain module directon calculation
feeding points from vector?

[0] http://lsi.iiit.ac.in/new_r.drain_output.png

--
Regards,