[GRASS-user] Difference in sunset/sunrise time between r.sun and r.sunmask

Büro Seling buero-seling at t-online.de
Mon Jan 2 06:57:27 EST 2012

Dear Group!

Happy New Year @all!

I work on a Linux GRASS 6.4.2 RC1. The area of interest is in central
Europe and
the projection is WGS84(EPSG:4326).

When I use the r.sun module and let it show the sunset/sunrise time and
compare
it with the sunset/sunrise from a map created with r.sunmask I see great
differences (up to 50 minutes).

It is not the timezone (which is set correctly) in r.sunmask.

The results from r.sunmask seem to be, according to other sources, seem
to be
right, but the results from r.sun are fare off.

Please give a suggestions or help!

Stefan