[GRASS-user] GRASS GISDBASE and unison syncronization

Stephen Sefick sas0025 at auburn.edu
Wed Jan 18 12:20:56 EST 2012

All,

I would like to keep two databases in sync between two computers (my
laptop and my work desktop).  I will be modifying files on both
machines.  I am running GRASS 6.3svn on Ubuntu LTS 10.04.03.  I am using
unison 2.32.52.  I have noticed that the .bashrc and .bashhistory files
are being synced everytime that a change a file and then use unison.  I
have also noticed that unison used a shortcut to copying a cidx file
from another vector instead of from the vector that was new to the other
machine.

Will these things outlined above cause any problems?  Are there better
solutions?  Many thanks in advance!
kindest regards,

--
Stephen Sefick
Auburn University
sas0025 at auburn.edu
http://www.auburn.edu/~sas0025

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and make us feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the annoying little problems of being mammals.

                                 -K. Mullis

"A big computer, a complex algorithm and a long time does not equal science."

                               -Robert Gentleman