[GRASS-user] Weights of Evidence in GRASS?

Nick Jachowski njachowski at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 12:35:31 EST 2012

Hi Gergely,

I do a lot of predictive modeling, and the approach I take is to export my
data (prepared in GRASS GIS) to an open-source modeling software such WEKA,
and then map the results using GRASS. It takes a little more work than
utilizing built in modeling options often found in GIS software, but you
can do a lot more with it... For GRASS this entails exporting your
variables (rasters I'm guessing) as single column and combining them into a
csv file which you pass to WEKA. Then you map the results of your
predictive modeling in GRASS. If you want more detailed steps I could help
you out, but my suggestion is to just play around with it to see if it'll
work for you. I'm writing a program at the moment which couples GRASS and
WEKA, but it's still in a very beta state.

Best,
Nick