[GRASS-user] problem with grass 6.4.0

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Jul 11 09:02:30 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Alberto Pettazzi
<alberto.pettazzi at meteogalicia.es> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I was using GRASS version 6.3.0 and everything worked fine.  Now I installed
> 6.4.1 on a brand new server and I am experiencing some problems.

We highly recommend to get 6.4.2. You don't want to miss the many
improvements :)
http://grass.osgeo.org/announces/announce_grass642.html

> I want to run the scripts and the locations I had on the old grass and when
> I execute the command on the new version

Yes, in general this should work as expected due to the maintained
compatibility.

> r.in.xyz i=input_file.txt o=output_file fs=' ' --o
>
> this is what I get
>
> Reading data ...
> ERROR: Bad y-coordinate line 1 column 2. <>
>
> the file I am trying to read from has the following structure
>
>    -7.830    43.050     0.000

... is this the first line? In which language are you running GRASS?

But again, it would be much better to upgrade to GRASS 6.4.2 first.

Markus