[GRASS-user] Displaying site_name on r.watershed output basins map

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue May 1 09:47:41 EDT 2012

On Tue, 1 May 2012, Margherita Di Leo wrote:

> This is weird. Which is the exact command line you used? should be
> something like:

Madi,

   I used the GUI; will try again with the command line (my preference,
anyway).

> r.to.vect input=basins output=basins feature=area

   I used a different output name, but did specify area as the feature.

> Once you have that, you can use v.label to display labels, and calculate
> the area using v.db.addcol + v.to.db

   Didn't do this ... but I will. This is good information for me.

   I also confirmed that r.basin calculates area as part of its output.

Many thanks,

Rich