[GRASS-user] Joining stream segments

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Oct 9 08:45:06 PDT 2012

   The source map has each stream reach as a separate entity. For my purposes
I need to join all reaches from headwater to mouth into a single line. Using
the wxGUI digitizing function exposed the additional tools, one of which
allows connection of features. I suspect that I'm not properly using this
tool

   When I choose the connect features option I left-click on the appropriate
stream reaches from headwaters to outlet which changes their color to
yellow. A right-click restores the original color but I do not see how to
confirm that the line segments have been joined; the labels for each
individual segment remain displayed.

   Advice on using this tool is appreciated.

Rich