[GRASS-user] GRASS 7.0.0 Issues with Object Based Image Analysis

Jake Chila jake.chila at gmail.com
Fri May 15 06:56:16 PDT 2015

HI all,

So I think I figured it out with help from Vaclav. When I launch the script
from within the GUI the real errors are displayed in the Command Console.
The issue I was having had to do with mislabelled column names; I was using
numbers are the first character (my database management skills need some
refinement apparently).

Now the script works when I launch it from within the GUI (no error
messages in the command line), but when I launch the script from outside of
Grass it is giving me grief.

Here is the code I am running:

MAPS = grass.read_command('i.group',
                          group='LE7_SEG',
                          flags='g',
                          quiet=True).splitlines()

for maps in MAPS:

    band=maps.split('@',1)[0]

    bnum=band[-2:]

    grass.run_command('v.build',
                      map='LE7_2001_SEG',
                      option='build')

    grass.run_command('v.rast.stats',
                      map='LE7_2001_SEG',
                      flags='c',
                      raster=band,
                      method='median',
                      column_prefix='%s' % bnum)

    grass.run_command('v.db.update',
                      map='LE7_2001_SEG',
                      column='bright',
                      qcolumn='bright+%s_median' %bnum)

    grass.run_command('v.db.dropcolumn',
                      map='LE7_2001_SEG',
                      column = '%s_median' % bnum)

I have to include the v.build command because, for some reason, the polygon
topology needs to be rebuilt every time I try to use it. The code also
includes all the environment settings needed to access GRASS which I know
work because the script gets past the v.build command and repeatedly fails
on the v.rast.stats command.

Thanks,

JDC