[GRASS-user] river and dams in netwok analysis

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Oct 18 08:30:30 PDT 2015

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Etienne DELAY <etienne.delay at etu.unilim.fr>
wrote:
> Re,
> I have read carefully the v.out.ogr as will said for tring to export the
> network layer but I've got an error :
>
> v.out.ogr --overwrite input=network at PERMANENT type=point dsn=~/ layer=2
> format=ESRI_Shapefile
>
> WARNING: 111738 line(s) found, but not requested to be exported. Verify
>          'type' parameter.

(I guess that you need to set "type=line" and not "type=point")

... this is why you may consider to upgrade to the current 7.0.x stable
version. Note the differences:

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/v.out.ogr.html
type=string[,string,...] Feature type(s).
  Combinations not supported by all output formats. Default: first type
found in input.
  Default: line,boundary

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/v.out.ogr.html
type=string[,string,...] Feature type(s)
  Combination of types is not supported by all output formats.
  Default is to use first type found in input vector map.
  Default: auto  <<==

Less to think about, much faster vector data processing, improved network
analysis along with new graphical frontend:
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Vector_network_analysis#Screenshots

Best
Markus